Daylight savings time only means one thing at CCGC – another hour in the evening to shoot! As the days grow longer and warmer, take those guns out of the safe and oil them up in preparation to come out to the club! Hours can be found here: https://corpuschristigunclub.com/range-info/
The big freeze affected your club about the same as what most people were seeing in the area, mainly a few broken pipes and a lot of dead plants. The crew made repairs rapidly, and everything is now up and running again. Please be patient with us on the plants, on the advice of a horticulturist we are giving them plenty of time to recover as much as they can before we stress them further with pruning. We know we have a lot of total losses, but we are giving them a fighting chance to show us they want to live. We will be replacing a lot of vegetation, so if anyone has anything extra they would like to donate, please contact the clubhouse.
Last month I shared our new CCGC Ammunition Policy and inadvertently caused some confusion. The new policy remains in place, but please note that it is focused on the sale of shotgun shells. We did not address the sale of pistol or rifle ammunition simply because we have not had any to sell for quite a while. Once we begin receiving pistol and rifle ammunition again, we will likely have to impose some type of limits on this as well and we will keep you updated. And remember that reloading supplies are currently only being sold to members. The country-wide ammunition shortage continues, and we have spoken to our distributors and they believe it is multi-factorial. There are more new firearm owners and shooters than ever before and there is a lot of hoarding occurring. We are told that the manufacturers are working at 100% capacity and simply can’t keep up. Remington filing bankruptcy and stopping production for a while was also a blow, but they have been bought and we are told they are up and running again also. Despite this, some of our distributors don’t think the shortage will resolve until well into or toward the end of 2022.
Despite the shortage, the vigilant have been able to find ammo and our monthly pistol and rifle matches continue to be held. The next Steel Challenge match will be on March 21. The Coastal Bend Shooters have their next match set for March 27. We are also hosting ATA registered trap minimums marathons where you can shoot as many registered targets as you’d like. The April marathon has been cancelled because of other conflicting events, and the next will be May 9. There is a registered trap shoot scheduled March 26-28. The next registered sporting clays shoot, “Clays by the Bay” is on April 17. Other events being held at the club are License to Carry classes and Hunters Education classes. In addition we have many corporate team building and organization fund raising shoots scheduled this year. There were two large corporate shoots last month where they shot sporting clays, had barbecue and other games such as washers set up – it looked as though everyone was having a great time! Don’t forget about your gun club as a venue for your company’s next team building event. Check out the calendar on our web page or contact the clubhouse for more information.
CCGC club member Preston Stofer is organizing a skeet league here at CCGC. The 2021 Coastal Bend Clay’s Spring Skeet League. Details are as follows:
- League starts Thursday, April 8th and runs for 6 weeks
- League shooters may shoot their weekly 50 targets between 5:00 pm -8:00 pm each week and must start first round no later than 7:00pm
- Squads will be a minimum of 3 shooters and maximum of 5
- Shooters may shoot any gauge they prefer and shells must be 7 1/2, 8, 8 ½ or 9 shot
- Shooters are responsible for their own shells and tokens
- Score cards must be turned in the night you shoot, if you need to make up a night you miss you may make it up the week directly after.
- NSSA rules apply
- League winners:
- 1st – 50%
- 2nd – 30%
- 3rd – 20% which will be drawn for at the awards presentation
(must be present to win)
- We will also have drawings for sponsor prizes and a pot luck dinner the final week
- League fees are $75.00 of which 90% will be paid back to 1st, 2nd and 3rd top scores
- 10% will go to help awards dinner
- Sponsorships available, please call me for details
- All shooters must follow all CCGC rules
- Contact Preston Stofer 361-230-0418 or email email@example.com