Club News and Updates
- Weather and club update May 19, 2021 (5/19/2021)We have had a little over 5 inches of rain today (Wednesday May 19). This is on top of the 1 1/2 inches this past weekend. Since April 30 we have had just over 11 1/2 inches at the club. It is extremely wet. Please make an extra effort to keep all of your vehicles wheels on the improved roads and parking areas. The sporting clay course and shotgun fields will not open today (Wednesday). will open Thursday at 2:00 pm. Our internet has been intermittent otherwise we would have posted this earlier.Stay safe.
- Message from the Secretary 05/05/21 (5/5/2021)
Message from the Secretary 05/05/21
As the weather gets warmer, shooting is picking up at the club. We are seeing more members come out to enjoy the bays, ranges and fields individually, and in addition to our usual monthly rifle and pistol matches we’re seeing more corporate and fund-raising events. Last weekend our 4-H group held their annual fun-raiser and despite a rainy start on Saturday, they had 181 participants! Congratulations to our Nueces County Trap and Skeet team for their outstanding performance. As they compete across the state, they continue to make Nueces County and the CCGC proud.
Around the club: we continue to struggle to find ammunition and reloading supplies, therefore limits on how much you can purchase are still in place. We will continue to update you with any changes. We are still requiring that members and guests wear masks while in the clubhouse and classrooms and recommend common sense practices and social distancing in other areas. There will be a road crew in next week working on potholes and smoothing out our roads.
PLEASE NOTE: all shotgun fields will be closed down this Saturday, May 8 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. as we will be holding a memorial service for long time member and director Wayne Quandt. Wayne was a very active shooter in our club for over 40 years, was a member for longer than any other current active member, served as director for multiple terms and made countless contributions to the CCGC. Wayne was a mentor to many, a friend to all. We are inviting anyone who would like to help us celebrate the life of Wayne to attend the memorial. If you do plan to attend, please rsvp to Scott at 361-815-2978.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or a member of our staff at 361-852-1212. See you at the club!
- Wayne Quandt celebration of life (4/29/2021)
Shooting attire, bring your shotgun and a box or two of Shells, field one. Help us celebrate Wayne’s life. Please rsvp as noted below.
- Nueces County 4-H Trap and Skeet Club annual “Whizbang” (shotgun shoot) (4/27/2021)
On May 1st and 2nd we are hosting the Nueces County 4H Trap and Skeet Club annual shoot (called “Whizbang” in 4H lingo). All shotgun fields (trap/skeet/five stand and sporting clays) will be in use for this event starting with setup Friday at noon. The shotgun fields will not be available for members their guest or the public during this time from Friday noon through close on Sunday.
All shotgun fields close at 12 noon on Friday April 30 and will be closed through close of business on Sunday May 2.
- March News (3/21/2021)
Daylight savings time only means one thing at CCGC – another hour in the evening to shoot! As the days grow longer and warmer, take those guns out of the safe and oil them up in preparation to come out to the club! Hours can be found here: https://corpuschristigunclub.com/range-info/
The big freeze affected your club about the same as what most people were seeing in the area, mainly a few broken pipes and a lot of dead plants. The crew made repairs rapidly, and everything is now up and running again. Please be patient with us on the plants, on the advice of a horticulturist we are giving them plenty of time to recover as much as they can before we stress them further with pruning. We know we have a lot of total losses, but we are giving them a fighting chance to show us they want to live. We will be replacing a lot of vegetation, so if anyone has anything extra they would like to donate, please contact the clubhouse.
Last month I shared our new CCGC Ammunition Policy and inadvertently caused some confusion. The new policy remains in place, but please note that it is focused on the sale of shotgun shells. We did not address the sale of pistol or rifle ammunition simply because we have not had any to sell for quite a while. Once we begin receiving pistol and rifle ammunition again, we will likely have to impose some type of limits on this as well and we will keep you updated. And remember that reloading supplies are currently only being sold to members. The country-wide ammunition shortage continues, and we have spoken to our distributors and they believe it is multi-factorial. There are more new firearm owners and shooters than ever before and there is a lot of hoarding occurring. We are told that the manufacturers are working at 100% capacity and simply can’t keep up. Remington filing bankruptcy and stopping production for a while was also a blow, but they have been bought and we are told they are up and running again also. Despite this, some of our distributors don’t think the shortage will resolve until well into or toward the end of 2022.
Despite the shortage, the vigilant have been able to find ammo and our monthly pistol and rifle matches continue to be held. The next Steel Challenge match will be on March 21. The Coastal Bend Shooters have their next match set for March 27. We are also hosting ATA registered trap minimums marathons where you can shoot as many registered targets as you’d like. The April marathon has been cancelled because of other conflicting events, and the next will be May 9. There is a registered trap shoot scheduled March 26-28. The next registered sporting clays shoot, “Clays by the Bay” is on April 17. Other events being held at the club are License to Carry classes and Hunters Education classes. In addition we have many corporate team building and organization fund raising shoots scheduled this year. There were two large corporate shoots last month where they shot sporting clays, had barbecue and other games such as washers set up – it looked as though everyone was having a great time! Don’t forget about your gun club as a venue for your company’s next team building event. Check out the calendar on our web page or contact the clubhouse for more information.
CCGC club member Preston Stofer is organizing a skeet league here at CCGC. The 2021 Coastal Bend Clay’s Spring Skeet League. Details are as follows:
- League starts Thursday, April 8th and runs for 6 weeks
- League shooters may shoot their weekly 50 targets between 5:00 pm -8:00 pm each week and must start first round no later than 7:00pm
- Squads will be a minimum of 3 shooters and maximum of 5
- Shooters may shoot any gauge they prefer and shells must be 7 1/2, 8, 8 ½ or 9 shot
- Shooters are responsible for their own shells and tokens
- Score cards must be turned in the night you shoot, if you need to make up a night you miss you may make it up the week directly after.
- NSSA rules apply
- League winners:
- 1st – 50%
- 2nd – 30%
- 3rd – 20% which will be drawn for at the awards presentation
(must be present to win)
- We will also have drawings for sponsor prizes and a pot luck dinner the final week
- League fees are $75.00 of which 90% will be paid back to 1st, 2nd and 3rd top scores
- 10% will go to help awards dinner
- Sponsorships available, please call me for details
- All shooters must follow all CCGC rules
- Contact Preston Stofer 361-230-0418 or email email@example.com
- COVID-19 Updates (1/10/2021)
In accordance with the orders and directives issued by Nueces County and the State of Texas, the CCGC Board of Directors has developed the following set of rules that will remain in effect for the duration of the current situation
- All members and guests must complete and sign a liability waiver prior to entering the property. The club member escorting those guests is responsible for ensuring those waivers are turned in prior to accessing the ranges or the shotgun fields.
- Maximum of three (3) customers in the clubhouse at a time. Conduct your business then exit promptly. Everyone must wear a mask and sanitize their hands to enter club house. Please do not linger.
- All members and their guests must adhere to CDC guidelines for social distancing. This includes a minimum of 6 feet of separation between any individuals not of the same household. If 6 feet of separation is not possible or if members and/or guests are inside any building then masks must be worn covering the nose and mouth at all times.
- Maximum of 5 shooters allowed on any shotgun field at one time. Shooters and spectators must maintain 6 feet of social distance from anyone else present. Those waiting to shoot must maintain 6 feet of social distance while waiting.
- Shooters in the rifle and pistol bays/ranges and buildings must only use every other station, leaving an empty stall/table between users.
- Anyone that has travelled to a city or state as identified by Gov. Abbott as a “hot spot” or on a cruise ship should refrain from coming to the club.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or are experiencing symptoms, or have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive or is currently ill please do not come to the club.
- Please work with us and be patient as we are working hard to keep the club open. Staff is implementing CDC and State guidelines, and our ability to remain open is dependent on all of our members following the above rules as well as all existing club safety rules, please adhere to these rules.
- Cart Storage Barn Updates (1/10/2021)
Cart Storage Barn Updates
An update to our cart barn storage project:
We have had several members sign up and place a deposit down for a slot in the proposed cart barn. We have had several questions as some members did not realize there are two options for placing a deposit. The letter below will help clarify the details. If anyone has questions please give the clubhouse a call or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club News August 2020
See temporary operating procedures “as of July 1 and in effect until further notice” posted below as these are still the operating hours and procedures at the club until further notice.
Hanna brought us 3 3/4 inches of rain. Some wind, 3 porta-toilets around the club are blow over and there are many backer boards down (100 at rifle, one in the 25 yrd range, bays 4, 3, and 2), covered pistol bay has almost all backers down.
We are putting things back together, however it will likely be Tuesday before it is all back to pre-Hanna status.
Temporary Operating Procedures as of July 1 and in effect until further notice
The following is a notice to all current Members of Corpus Christi Gun Club to let you all know that business operations here at the club will have the following changes due to the “social distancing” orders issued by Nueces County and/or Gov. Abbott. The board of directors has developed the following set of rules that will be in effect for the duration of the current situation and as long as a “social distancing” orders are in place for Nueces County.
Hours of operations:
Tuesday: 2:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Wednesday: 10:30 to 7:00 pm
Thursday: 2:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Sat/Sun 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Shotgun fields and sporting clays:
Tuesday: 2:00 pm-7:30 pm (4H practice 5:30 to close through July 28)
Wednesday: skeet/trap 2:00 to 7:00 pm, sporting clays 10:30 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday: 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm (sporting clays closes at 7:30 pm)
Sat/Sun: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
sun rise to sun set 7 days a week
Members must have all their guest complete and sign a liability waiver prior to entering the property.
- Maximum of three (3) customers in the clubhouse at a time, conduct your business then exit promptly. Must wear a mask to enter club house. Please do not linger.
- Must keep CDC recommended social distancing of minimum of 6 Ft. on all venues while at club. If maintaining a six foot distance is not possible at all times then everyone present in that group not living in the same household MUST WEAR A MASK, EVEN IF OUTDOORS.
- Maximum of 5 shooters allowed on any shotgun field at one time. Must maintain 6 ft social distance from other shooters and anyone else present. Those waiting to shoot must maintain social distance of 6 ft while waiting.
- Users of rifle and pistol bays/ranges and buildings must only use every other station, leaving an empty stall/table between users.
- Anyone that has travelled to a city or state as identified by Gov. Abbott as a “hot spot” or on a cruise ship should refrain from coming to the club. If you are not feeling well or been exposed to anyone who is ill please do not come to the club.
- Please work with us and be patient as we are trying to have the club open, our ability to stay open is dependent on our members following the above rules as well as all existing club safety rules.
Thank you and stay safe.
UPDATE MAY 30, 2020
We are now operating under our “new normal”. Social distancing requirements are still in effect for all members and guest here at CCGC. All members, family members and all guest must sign a waiver prior to entering the property. There are blank waivers in a box just short of the front gate and a box at the front gate to place the completed and signed waivers. Gate cards for anyone that has not signed a new waiver have been turned off as of May 30. It could take anywhere from 15 minutes to a full business day to have them turned back on once we receive the new waiver. Members must use their own gate card to enter, do not attempt to follow others through gates and please do not allow someone to follow you through a gate.
5 stand, sporting clays, skeet and trap fields are limited to 5 shooters at a time on the field and must maintain a 6 foot distance between shooters. Shooters waiting to shoot behind fields must also maintain a 6 ft distance from all others present. Pistol and rifle matches are limited to 10 shooters in a squad and match directors have a special set of rules they must follow and enforce.
UPDATE MONDAY MAY 18
Message from the CCGC Board of Directors to our membership May 18, 2020;
We would like to remind all our members to complete and turn in the new waiver and
release agreement as soon as possible (if you have not done so already) to avoid any
You may complete and email to email@example.com, fax to 361-852-1112, drop it by the club, or mail to our PO Box 271885, CC TX 78427.
We ask that all members continue to be diligent in your social distancing efforts while here at the club until such time state and local officials, including Governor Abbott or County Judge Barbara Canales gives the all clear concerning the virus pandemic situation and please do not come out to the club if you are not feeling well. ALL GUEST MUST COMPLETE AND SIGN A NEW WAIVER FORM PRIOR TO ENTERING THE
PROPERTY. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF MEMBERS TO HAVE THEIR GUEST
COMPLETE AND SIGN A WAIVER BEFORE THEY ALLOW THEIR GUEST TO
ENTER THE PROPERTY.
We want to thank all our members for their patience and concern during this time. We
are looking forward to getting back to as close to “normal” or more likely our new normal
as soon as possible.
Thank you and stay safe.
Update on Friday May 8
Message from the CCGC Board of Directors to our membership;
We would like to remind all our members to complete and turn in the new waiver and release agreement as soon as possible to avoid any lapse in your ability to access the club facilities. The waiver can be found below. You may complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 361-852-1112, drop it by the club, or mail to our PO Box 271885, CC TX 78427.
Cart Storage Barn
An update to our cart barn storage project. We have had several members sign up and place a deposit down for a slot in the proposed cart barn. We have had several questions as some members did not realize there are two options for placing a deposit. The letter below will help clarify the details. If anyone has questions please give the clubhouse a call or send us an email to email@example.com.
Club News October 2019
Thursday Night Flurry
Thursday night October 10, starting at 7:30 pm until 9:00 pm we will host a 3 man team flurry at five stand.
50 targets, 3 shooters each team, teams can shoot as often as they want, $10.00 per shooter each flurry game. 50% of proceeds will be returned to shooters divided based on total number of teams that enter and shoot as follows:
Award(s) # teams entered % divided
1st 1-5 100%
2nd 6-10 60-40
3rd 11 and up 50-30-20
Must check in no later 8:15 pm, registration starts 7:15 pm at five stand, cash only.